I am available to speak to groups interested in honey bees. Please utilize the contact form to reach out to me. I typically need a month or more notice to fit engagements into my schedule.
Interested in or New to Beekeeping
- Besource.com – a great website where you can ask questions and read posts until your heart is content.
- Beekeeping for Dummies – Yes, it is one of those dummies books, and yes they can be annoying, but this site and the book have a lot of good info.
- Kentuckiana Beekeepers – This is an online resource of classic books on beekeeping. They are free to read or download.
- The Practical Beekeeper – Michael Bush’s site. If you have not heard of him, and you are new to beekeeping, you will get to know his name. The site is full of great information.
- The Fatbeeman YouTube Channel – My wife laughs whenever I watch the Fatbeeman, but I like his videos. You can’t take everything he says as gospel, but he is a wealth of information.
Build your own Equipment
- In the Beekeepers Workshop – This site, from the Michigan Beekeepers Association, is one of the best I’ve found for detailed information (including videos) on building equipment.
- Tim MacVittie, a fellow beekeeper, updated the Drew Coates design for making five frame nuc boxes. This design allows you to build five nuc boxes (rather than 4) since it is based upon medium frames. You need to be very careful with your cuts, however, as there is very little waste. Nuc Box Cut Sheet – 5 boxes medium. Note, the numbers on the pieces correlate to the design available here, as this is what I gave him to build off from.